There are so many good Dash Diet Grilling recipes. Grill your vegetables with a healthy oil, try coconut oil and add you favorite fresh herbs, it’s all in the preparation and it they only take a few minutes to cook.
Grilled Shrimp & Asparagus Kebabs
Here is an easy and tasty combination of shrimp and asparagus seasoned with some lemon, prepare ahead of time and it only takes a few minutes to cook on the grill.
- Large cleaned shrimp tails left on.
- Wooden skewers soaked in water.
- 2 shrimp per kebab.
- Asparagus cut into 1″ pieces use 2-3 per kebab
- Fresh basil 1 chopped leaf for every 2 shrimp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup for every 10 shrimp
- 1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice for every 10 shrimp
- 2 minced garlic cloves for every 10 shrimp
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes for every 20 shrimp (optional)
- Marinate all the ingredients (not the skewer sticks) into a large zip plastic bag remove as much air as possible, shake to mix the marinade and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Prepare the kebabs and save the marinade to brush on while grilling. These are going to cook quickly a couple minutes on each side, be careful not to overcook them. I grill the kebabs on a charcoal grill brushing some of the marinade on as they grill. You can also grill these indoors in a grill pan.
Serve with some lemon wedges.
Chipotle Chicken Satay with Grilled Vegetables
Marinating your chicken in a mix of peanut butter, lime, and chipotle peppers makes a tender meat with bold flavors. This recipe makes 4 servings.
1 pound chicken tenders (about 8 tenders)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1½ cups sliced carrots ( ¼-inch)
- 1½ cups sliced zucchini ( ½-inch)
- 1¼ cups sliced onion ( ½-inch wedges)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt (optional)
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
Place chicken in a sealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Whisk 4 Tbsp. lime juice and peanut butter in a small bowl; whisk in chipotle, adobo, and ½ tsp. salt. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bag once or twice, for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
Combine the remaining 2 Tbsp. lime juice and ½ tsp. salt, 1 Tbsp. oil, garlic, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium. Divide the chicken among 4 skewers. (Discard marinade.) Toss carrots, zucchini, and onion in a large bowl with the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil.
Oil the grill rack. Coat a vegetable grill basket with cooking spray, add the vegetables, and place the basket on one side of the grill. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the skewers on the other side of the grill rack and cook, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
Arrange the vegetables on a platter and toss with the reserved dressing. Top with the chicken skewers. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with yogurt and lime wedges, if desired.