Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad
This is the perfect mid day snack or a side salad for your main dish, make it in advance as this recipe lasts 2-3 days.
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 avocados seeded and cubed.
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, more if desired
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons agave, (or any sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Toss all the vegetables in a large bowl (except the avocado)
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder and ground pepper.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to combine. Now add avocado and toss gently so they don’t mash together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with fresh tortilla, pita bread, tortilla chips or a side of rice.