Frittatas are super easy and customizable to what you have in your fridge, but this asparagus, mushroom and mozzarella frittata recipe is quick and simple and it takes less than 20 minutes to make. You also get your veggies with this wholesome frittata; add some thinly sliced white mushrooms to bring some meatiness and flavor.
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 10 large chopped asparagus (make sure you trim the ends)
- 3 medium white mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 -2 tsp butter
TIPS FOR A GREAT FRITTATA:
- All you need to do is beat the eggs well, to ensure that they stay light and fluffy in the frittata. Add heavy cream or half and half, to help the egg mixture become creamy and light.
- Cook the mushrooms until they release water and asparagus until they are starting to soften, but do not overcook, we want the asparagus crunchy.
- Cook until the bottom is set and quickly finish cooking on broil in the oven. Keep an eye on the frittata so it doesn’t burn and dry out.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet and add mushrooms. Cook them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until water released, almost disappears. Add asparagus and cook on medium-low for 2-3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile mix eggs, pepper and half and half in a bowl and pour mixture over asparagus. Cook on medium heat, until almost set, but still runny on top and evenly spread cheese. Transfer to the oven to broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus has many health benefits, they serve as a natural Diuretic as well as aids in cleaning out the digestive tract and has cancer fighting properties. Asparagus are high in Vitamin B1, K and have a high amount of fiber in them.