Sweet Potato Toast
Sweet Potatoes are loaded with protein and loaded antioxidant properties; they are an excellent source of Vitamin A and C, rather than spreading your morning peanut butter on a slice of toast try putting your almond butter on a slice of sweet potato and add some slice banana on top.
It only takes a few minutes in the morning and you have a healthy start to your morning and it will keep you full for hours.
Slice your Sweet Potatoes in vertical slices about 1/4 inch thick and toast them in your toaster on HIGH for approximately 2-4 minutes, if they still appear uncooked put them in again for another few minutes.
When they come out of the toaster they may seem a little dry but please spread a little olive oil if you are adding a savory topping, or try some almond butter, peanut butter with a fruit topping, try some of these toppings.
Sweet Potato Toast Topping Options:
Sweet Sweet potato toast ideas:
- Peanut butter, banana and cinnamon (or almond butter)
- Peanut butter and raisins
- Honey butter and cinnamon
- Almond Butter; can also add some fresh blueberries or strawberries or banana
- Cream cheese and jam
- Apple butter
- Drizzle of maple syrup or honey; can also add cinnamon or a sprinkle of chia seeds
Savory sweet potato toast ideas:
- Top with a fried egg, salt and pepper; can also add chili powder or hot sauce for a little kick
- Avocado and Tomatoes garnish with basil
- Sliced or smashed avocado; can also add sliced tomatoes or a fried egg
- Black beans and cheese: Run under the broiler to melt the cheese if you prefer; can also add a fried egg and/or some salsa
- Tuna or chicken salad
- Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil
Slice the entire sweet potato and keep the extra slices in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. They keep all week long and are ready to toast straight from the fridge.
SWEET POTATO and AVOCADO TOAST