Dash Diet Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof Coffee has become more and more popular as a substitute for your morning meal and it is ready in 5-10 minutes, this recipe serves 1. The Bulletproof coffee has found to improve mental focus and physical performance to increasing energy and speeding up fat loss.
It has O mg of sodium, but has 520 calories ( this is why it is a substitute for you breakfast)
- 2 cups hot filtered water or 2 cups hot coffee-fresh brewed with organic beans
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil (you can substitute with organic coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened vanilla powder
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom or 1 teaspoon of organic cocoa powder
Add all ingredients to a blender and process until frothy.
Note: Always be very careful when pureeing hot liquids in a blender. The heat from the liquid can cause the pressure in the blender to build up under the lid, and when the blender is turned on, the top can blow off and your hot liquid will go everywhere. Keep the lid vented by removing the small insert from the middle of the blender lid; hold a folded up towel over the opening to prevent splattering. Always start on the lowest speed possible.
Nutrition per serving (1 cup): Calories 520, Fat 54 g, Saturated fat 44 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, Carbohydrate 2 g, Sodium 0 mg
The benefits of bulletproof coffee are said to be:
- improved cognitive function (focus and memory)
- improved physical performance
- increased energy
- suppressed food cravings (as the fats will keep you satiated)
- fat loss