Dash Diet Cobb Salad
This Dash Diet Cobb salad brings together two potent cancer-fighting foods in one bowl: kale and mushrooms. Kale, which belongs to the cruciferous family of vegetables, contains anticancer compounds.
And while mushrooms may be tiny, their cancer-fighting capabilities are mighty. The bioactive compounds and phytochemicals in these delicious fungi have been shown to stop cancer growth and spreading.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Servings: 2
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10-oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 8-oz brown mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- dash garlic powder
- Prepare the Mushroom “Bacon”: In a large skillet over medium heat, whisk together ¼ cup water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, and squid smoke.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms caramelize. Set aside.
- Prepare the Balsamic Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- Divide the kale evenly among 4 bowls, then add rows of the remaining ingredients on top.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette and serve.
Gluten-Free: Substitute tamari for soy sauce.
Soy-Free: Substitute coconut aminos for soy sauce.