Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Pancakes are can be enjoyed occasionally – here is a Dash Diet Lemon Ricotta pancake recipe for 4 that has 324 calories per serving.
- 2 lemon zest
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp granulated stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, ricotta, 2% milk, almond milk, agave nectar, applesauce, sour cream and egg yolks.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sweetener, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Using a rubber spatula, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Heat a medium skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and coat it with cooking spray. Working in batches, drop 1⁄3 cup of batter per hot cake onto the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Then flip the hot cakes and cook through. Repeat with the rest of the batter, making 8 to 10 hot cakes.