Here is a very healthy lunch or even a snack that is full of flavorful ingredients. Avocados are a wonderful source of energy and have those heart healthy good fats in them, and you have the option of spicing it up if you want to with a little Sriracha, which helps boost your metabolism and it helps in weight loss.
1 (12 oz.) can Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna
2 avocados, halved and pitted
2 limes, juiced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2-4 chopped jalapenos
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Use a spoon to hollow out the avocados, creating a bowl effect, leaving plenty of avocado to form edible bowl walls. Place scooped avocado into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Drain tuna and place into mixing bowl with avocado. Add in lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Stuff into prepared avocado bowls.
- Drizzle with Sriracha hot chili sauce if you like it spicy and serve.
Health Benefits of Avocados
They contain more potassium than bananas.
They are loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Avocados are loaded with fiber and powerful antioxidants that can help protect your eyes.
Avocados help arthritis.
Arthritis may help prevent cancer.
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving :
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.