Chipotle Lentil Bowls
While this recipe got its name for its spicy Chipotle flavors, it’s also has a critical nutrient you should be eating every day: fiber.
Thanks to the lentils, vegetables, and quinoa each serving contains 20 grams of fiber, which is half the daily recommended amount of fiber.
Fiber not only fills you up, it’s also linked to cancer prevention and improved heart health.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1½ cups cooked lentils (green or brown)
- 1 (10-oz) bag shredded cabbage
- 1 (10-oz) bag shredded carrots
- brocollini sprouts
- hot sauce
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (e.g. organic soy or almond)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup plain hummus
- 1 tsp dried dill
- dash onion powder
- dash garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Prepare the Chipotle Ranch Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes to let it curdle. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and adjust.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, lentils, shredded cabbage, brocollini sprouts and shredded carrots.
- Pour the Spicy Ranch Dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Divide equally among 4 bowls and drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.