This is a wonderful treat on that special occasion, this is a delicious start to a day, they definitely taste like bananas, so if you’re not a fan of that flavor, this recipe won’t be for you
1 banana (mashed)
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1 ½ teaspoons of oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup of 2% milk
1 tablespoon of heart healthy walnuts (chopped)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix oil, milk, egg white, banana, and vanilla till smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients with the dry and stir well using a spoon.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and spray cooking oil lightly. Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture onto griddle for each pancake.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, turn the side and cook till set.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and banana slices before serving.
Don’t use syrup for serving, top with non-fat yogurt instead. You will feel full throughout the morning due to extra protein.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 4 g
Carb: 22 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 331 mg
The Benefit of Banana’s
Banana’s have many health benefits which include lowering the risk of cancer and asthma as well as lowering blood pressure, this is why it is one of those Dash Diet must have fruits, one banana is equivalent to 2 fruit serving.