Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast
This is really one of my favorites, I enjoy a poached egg that explodes onto my toast and with the avocado combination it is a huge tasty success.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ⅓ Avocado (usually I cut it in half but don’t use all of it)
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper for topping
- fresh herbs ( basil, parsley or thyme) for topping
Bring a pot of water to boil (use enough water to cover the eggs when they lay in the bottom).
Crack the eggs directly into the boiling water, turn down the heat to medium for 2 minutes then take off the element.
While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast. When the eggs are done, use a spatula to lift the eggs out of the water.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pepper, and fresh herbs; serve with the fresh quartered heirloom tomatoes.
Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water before boiling helps the eggs stay together in the water